Friday, October 21, 2011

The Sewing Summit 2011


I spent a fabulous day this month at the inaugural year of the Sewing Summit in Downtown Salt Lake City at Little America, with 200ish other sewistas like myself.


I had loads of fun and got loads of stuff in this huge swag bag while I was there: patterns, quilt batting, thread, rulers and measuring tapes, chocolates, fabric, and all sorts of other goodies that sewers treasure.


This might just look like a group of women by some sewing machines, but this is more than that because these ladies are very talented and almost all carrying cute bags that they made themselves. I have never seen so much talent. One lady even had the most adorable Amy Butler fabric rain coat that she made. I covet that raincoat (but not enough to make one myself.)


My cute friend, Erin Singleton, (on the right) worked for over a year with Amy Ellis (on the left) to put this summit together. This summit was for modern sewing blogger folks to come together and meet face to face and learn from and inspire one another. Well, it was done beautifully. The venue was perfect, the attendees were warm and enthusiastic. The teachers were prepared and experienced. The food was really good too. I didn't expect that to be the case. This conference was everything I hoped it would be. I told Jay that it was the first time I have ever been to something like this that I actually enjoyed everything about it. Usually conferences are work-related and boring. But this is a work I love so it was different. Come to the Summit next year. It will not disappoint.

No comments:

Post a Comment