Wednesday, October 19, 2011

A Place To Keep Track of The Fun Stuff I Do

Do you ever sit there at the end of the day and think, "What did I actually accomplish today?" That's when I consider the pile of laundry that, again, I DIDN'T do; the dinner I made that was probably mediocre; how late I was to pick up the kids because I forgot them AGAIN. I don't really regret that I did everything a little less than perfect because there isn't enough time in the day to be perfect at everything.

And then, when I am trying to fall asleep at night (because I almost always have a hard time) I don't worry about all of the things that I did wrong that day or even the things that I will inevitably do wrong the next day. This is the time when my imagination is running WILD. This is when I am dreaming about the project that I am in the middle of or the project that I am about to start. This is when the creativity really happens.

And here I can post the things that I actually did well. Those are usually things that happened in my sewing room. Usually when the baby is napping, the kids are all in bed or at school, or when there is a movie on that has sucked my kids in and allows me the time to create with few interruptions. This is my time. I love my family, and I love that staying home with my children allows me a little more time to create.

No comments:

Post a Comment