Sunday, October 30, 2011

Quilt Market Houston --Saturday

It was a little crazy of me to go to the quilt market this year because it has been such a busy month. Plus this wonderful event is right up against Halloween. We decided that one day would be enough. I flew in at 10:30pm Friday night and flew out this morning (Sunday) at 6:05 am. Yes, YAWN, I am exhausted right now with 4 hours of sleep and a little nap this afternoon. But it was worth it. I can't wait to tell you of my experience there. This experience will be broken into several blog posts so I don't skim on the goods.


So if you have ever been to quilt market, you know what I mean when I say that this thing is BIG. I borrowed this picture above, I obviously didn't get up on the rafters yesterday and take an overhead shot (though I am known to stop at nothing to get a good peek through my lens.


The majority of the market is a little old school. I am sort of glad because if there weren't so much to brush right past, it would take a week to get through the whole thing. It's sort of like, "That one is ugly, that booth is old fashion, that style is super country, that stuff is just YU-CKY!! Ahh, there is something I love. I'll stop here."

Now this is Tula Pink. She has a great personality and wonderful design style. Her fabric is AMAZING. She is edgy and fun at the same time. And you have to love her shoes with her signature PINK. Check out her blog if you don't know what I am talking about.



I just thought this fabric display was too cute. Don't you love it? It made me crave sushi. This was a display from Gourmet Quilter.

No comments:

Post a Comment