Sunday, February 26, 2012

In My Happy Place

It seems like every time I have a deadline and HAVE to sew/write patterns/create ANYTHING, which it seems there is always some sort of deadline, I go through the same cycle. First I am excited to do what I am about to do. I can't wait to get moving on it. I start. I start cutting and sewing and thinking. Then I start getting interrupted. I dread interruptions.  You know? The phone rings, someone needs a sandwich, it's time to pick the kids up from school. And then I get back into it with deep focus. But the problem is that that I get so driven to complete my projects that I don't take the time to enjoy them. I am DYING to complete the thing so I can get on with other things.

I wish so much that I could just enjoy the whole process. Sometimes I find myself there. But usually, I grow impatient for the end of my process to see the finished project.

Well, now I am in an interesting place. I have completed so many necessary things over the past month and a half. And now I have been organizing my house and working on other things. And I find my imagination running wild. I have so many ideas in my head for fun projects and a really great pattern design idea that I can't wait to make.

But now I hesitate because I realize that the best part of the process is really when I am building it in my head. This is where I don't mind the interruptions. I can see a finished product in my mind, and that is sort of satisfying. This is my happy place. I think I'll stay here a while.

No comments:

Post a Comment