Sunday, July 22, 2012

Reversible Sun Hat Tutorial Video and free pattern


Recently, I wrote a pattern to make reversible sun hats. Riley Blake created this video tutorial in their "Sewing With Cindy" series and it is located on the Riley Blake YouTube channel. In this video, I demonstrate how to make the hats.

It only went live a few days ago and already it has so many views and people all over the world have downloaded the pattern off of my website: www.aprilcobbdesigns.com in the sewing pattern section.

There are pattern pieces on my site as well as written instructions. There are extra tips that we point out on the video tutorial. It was a lot of work to make this pattern because I don't like math, and there was a lot of math in creating all of the circles that fit together for a hat pattern. But in the end, the feedback has been so great and people have emailed me and are so appreciative. It was worth it for sure.

Let me know what you think. An enjoy making these fun hats for your kids or for yourself.

2 comments:

  1. Just made the pattern! It went together so well! Thanks! I can't wait to see my granddaughter in it next year! (Not due till Oct/16!) I'm working ahead, lol!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hello. I was hoping to see this video and make the hat but it is unavailable .... is there anywhere I can see it? Thank you

    ReplyDelete