Thursday, April 5, 2012

Too Much At Once


I wish I could say that I haven't been blogging as much as I would like because I have been on a cruise or have been too busy exercising or preparing healthy meals for my family. But sadly, my kids still eat too much pizza and I don't recall the last time I worked out (though some days I considered walking up the stairs with a big load of laundry good enough to call it exercise.) Instead, I have been buried in projects. I have been making samples for Joel Dewberry's pattern covers and working away on pattern design tasks.


I have also been in many fun boutiques recently in our area. I did the Holy Cow Boutique in Pleasant Grove Utah for the first time. It was a great success. I enjoyed it and the good people who came through there. I have more boutiques coming up, and it is very time consuming. 

Now I am on vacation with my kids, and I am working when they go to bed at night. I love my work so I am not complaining. But I wish they would be a little easier to manage since I am on my own.

On a personal note, my younger brother (just 31 years old) passed away in a car accident last week. So our vacation to my hometown was well timed but has had a very sad side to it too. I am learning slowly that filling my life with fun things and things that keep me busy all of the time is enriching and enjoyable but it doesn't always give me the flexibility that I need when tragedy strikes. And strike it will. There will always be sorrow and tragedy and accidents. And there will always be work and play and life. Somehow they aren't always timed to make life simpler when the bad and sad come. Simplify. Simplify. Simplify. Someday I will learn to simplify. We need to enjoy the little things and the day-to-day because we never know how much time we will have with our loved ones.

1 comment:

  1. I'm sorry to hear about your brother. I hope you and and your family are doing alright.

    ReplyDelete